Friday, July 6, 2007

Navajo Chant

Hello Friends,

After spending time in the silence of words offered like gifts, returning to Phoenix has felt lonely at times. So I look for you in the trees, in the music, and in the sounds of people's voices. My friend Sarah sent this Navajo chant in her meditation newsletter and I'm reminded of you. It's used in ceremonies to help one return to a state of balance within the universe. This state of balance called "Hozho" in the Navajo language.

Happily may their roads back home be on the trail of pollen.
Happily may they all get back.
In beauty I walk.
With beauty before me, I walk.
With beauty behind me, I walk.
With beauty below me, I walk.
With beauty above me, I walk.
With beauty all around me, I walk.
It is finished in beauty,
It is finished in beauty.

Best wishes,

Elizabeth

No comments: