Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Starting off -- couple random thoughts

Hi, everyone --

First of all, thank you, Bruce, for creating this space for us. I look forward to what it will bring to us post-immersion, allowing further sharing and connection and dialogue!

Secondly, since this was my first CPSI and basically I came because I knew intuitively that I "had to" plus I was completely drawn to Michael's Leading Artfully immersion, I was learning as I went through the week what CPSI encompasses and has to offer. As an introduction to, and overview of, its process, I've just now finished reading Gregg Fraley's book, Jack's Notebook. Then to further my familiarity, I plan to begin going through the Osborn/Parnes book, Applied Imagination. My intention is to teach myself about the CPS process so that next conference time I can do the one-day-only concentrated pre-conference CPS prior to moving in to some of the other "tracks" during the week -- ideally, next year, Facilitating through the Arts, expecially because that's "right up My alley!" Anyone else out there interested in this particular "track", which -- as I understand it -- requires the CPS background before one can participate?

Thirdly, you all may remember that I mentioned Heartland Circle... They are totally about deep conversation as we experienced it with Michael. I completely endorse them and their Art of Convening teleprograms, with which I have participated and found amazing and powerful and connecting. On July 17, Michael is scheduled to lead a call with them, and I encourage you to check out the info I provide below and participate on the call:

July 17: VisionHolder Call followed by 30 min. community conversation

Artful Leadership: Awakening the Commons of the Imagination
with Michael Jones, speaker, writer and pianist, Author of Artful Leadership: Awakening the Commons of the Imagination.
7-8:00 pm CT; Community Conversation: 8-8:30 pm CT
Learn More: www.heartlandcircle.com/index.cfm?PAGE_ID=668

Finally, ONE of the gifts I'm realizing from our week is the introduction Michael provided to the poetry of William Stafford.

Enjoy your Fourth!

Namaste,
Kathy Anne

No comments: